Data Privacy Statement – TalentLink Application
Before you can save or submit your application form we need your consent to hold your data in our system
and process it. The information below highlights who handles your data, how it is handled how it is processed and your rights.
Who is collecting your data?
The recruiting organisation is collecting your data for recruitment, selection and employment
related purposes only.
What information is being collected?
The personal information we are collecting as part of your application will typically consist of;
- Your contact information (Name, address, email, contact telephone number)
- A description of your work experience, skills and education
- Your responses to specific application questions
- Any referee contact information you provide us (Name, address, email, contact telephone number)
The recruiting organisation will also collect special category data which will consist of your;
- Ethnic origin
- Sexual orientation
- Disability status
Offer and Pre-Employment Checks
When an offer of employment is made, you will be asked for information so that pre-employment checks can be carried out.
The recruiting organisation will typically;
- Ask you to provide proof of your identity and ability to work in the UK
- Request proof of your qualifications that are relevant to the role
- Ask you to complete a Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (When required)
- Contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references
- Ask you to complete a questionnaire about your health in order to establish your fitness to work.
- Request your bank and tax details from you – in order to process your salary payment
- Ask for your Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
How is it collected?
Your application information is collected through a secure recruitment system, populated by yourself with the information you have entered. Once you have submitted your application, further information may be collected as you move through the recruitment and selection process. This information could be requested or provided verbally and/or written (online or paper). Your information may also be collected from a variety of other sources typically;
- Referees you have provided consent for
- DBS checks (where required)
- Medical information (if required)
Why is it being collected?
Your information is being collected to;
- Assess your suitability for the job in question.
- Enable the Recruiting organisation to verify the accuracy of information which you provide.
- Comply with relevant laws or regulations.
- Check and verify your identity.
- Produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.
Your application may be reviewed electronically or via paper form. The recruiting organisation has processes in place to ensure your data is securely and confidentially managed.
How long will you keep my data for?
Your data will be retained for 6 months from the time you are made unsuccessful. Once it reaches this retention end date it will be deleted/destroyed along with any other information gathered throughout the recruitment process.
If you are successful you will become an employee of the recruiting organisation.
Your data collected throughout the recruitment process i.e. (application form, References, emergency contacts) will be transferred by the recruiting organisation into their HR and payroll system to create your employee record.
Your personal data that was captured in the recruitment system, will be retained for 6 months from when you are appointed. Once it reaches its retention end date your information will be deleted.
Who will it be shared with?
Your personal data may be passed to third party organisations working in partnership with the recruiting organisation to assist them in the recruitment process. This could include screening and interviewing prospective employees, medical checks or background checks.
Whilst working in partnership with these third-party organisations who have access to your information, will be governed by an agreement applicable to data protection and privacy laws.
In addition, a third-party company may have access to data in order to carry out functional technical changes to the system used. All processing of this nature is covered by UK standard contractual clauses which ensures processing is compliant with UK GDPR.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-informationbeing-handled-correctly/
Accessing your data
Once you have agreed to these terms you will be able to access your data via your ‘Manage My Data’ page. The link to this is provided wihtin the email correspondence you receive throughout the process. The information you can access will include;
- Jobs you are applying for
- Jobs you have applied for
- The status(es) of your applications
The recruiting organisation is the data controller and responsible for the way your personal data is handled. You can find more information about the recruiting organisation on their own company website including their contact information and details of their Data Protection officer.
I hereby consent to the recruiting organisation processing and retaining my personal data contained within this application form for recruitment, selection and employment related purposes in relation to this application only.
I declare that all statements I make in this application are true and, to the best of my knowledge and belief, that I have not withheld any relevant information.
I understand that if I have made any false statements or omitted any information, I am liable to have my application rejected, or if appointed, liable to be dismissed. (Please note application forms submitted electronically/online will require to be signed should you progress to the next stage of the process).