Is Breaking Through for you?
This programme is for you if you are from what you consider to be a minority or underrepresented group and want to progress your career, whether you are just starting out, a Team Leader, Manager, Head of Service or Director. We know there is intersectionality between different characteristics and we want to embrace that within the programme and ensure everyone’s individual needs are met.
This programme is for you,
- Understand how you can lead with difference, using your own unique mix of characteristics to bring strength to your leadership
- Know how systemic and individual bias can present barriers in progressing your career and how you can challenge and overcome these.
- Be supported to address discrimination and micro-aggressions in the workplace.
- Build your confidence in public speaking and presenting yourself for progression opportunities.
- Understand how power, politics and global trends around inclusion impact on you.
- Benefit from a mentor, outside of your own sector and profession to help you grow and develop.
- Benefit from a sponsor from within your sector to help open doors for you.
What your journey will involve
The programme consists of an eight-module curriculum over a 12-month period and will help you shape your own career passport.
Who can apply for Breaking Through
The programme is primarily open to those from under-represented groups who work in a Local Authority, but this extends wider to all public sector bodies including private and third sector.
Please note that only participants from a Local Authority will also have an ‘Ally/buddy’ from the WME Allyship for Inclusion programme in addition to a mentor.
For full programme information including what is involved, costs and how to apply are all included within our flier: Leading for Inclusion Series