Understanding human mindset and behaviours to enable successful virtual working is essential
As public sector organisations, we have a real opportunity to reform, re-imagine and re-invent ourselves. As we continue to work virtually, we need to ensure we make virtual working work! Thus, enabling us to rethink what we do and how we do it to better serve our communities.
As we continue with virtual working for the foreseeable future, our workforce will require insight and guidance to make this as successful and seamless as possible, to anticipate any pitfalls and to ensure that employees and (especially) managers are well supported along the way.
Underpinned by academic research and theory in neuroscience and occupational psychology, this programme will provide you with the human insights needed and practical toolkits to help support a new era of virtual working.
Our expert associate Catherine Pugh will share insights and strategies to overcome the paradoxes of virtual working, through her interactive virtual sessions.
At the core of her programme is Catherine’s academic research and model which highlights the key ingredients of successful virtual working. Catherine will take you through each step of the framework which centres around trust; exploring how each aspect plays a critical role in enabling virtual teams to flourish.
What to expect from the sessions
- Evidence-based Insights from the world of psychology and neuroscience to stimulate thinking.
- Exploration of the many paradoxes of virtual working, with tips shared on how to overcome the challenges that these present.
- An emphasis on the importance of being human in the virtual world.
- Opportunity for the participants to share experiences and challenges with one another, and problem-solve together; strengthening internal connections and promoting interdependency (a vital ingredient for virtual working).
- To understand the psychological impact of virtual working from an individual and a management perspective.
- To explore the reality of managing others remotely, drawing on external research and your own experience.
- To equip you with strategies to help you manage, support and get the most out of your team when working virtually.
- To understand the psychological impact of virtual working.
- To explore the reality of working remotely, drawing on external research and your own experiences.
- To equip you with strategies to help you be happy and successful in the virtual working environment.
- Increased awareness of the biggest challenges and opportunities for managing others remotely, and the underlying causes.
- More confidence and clarity on how to manager others effectively in the virtual working environment.
- Increased awareness of the biggest challenges and opportunities of working virtually and the underlying causes.
- More confidence and clarity on how to be happy and successful in the virtual environment.
Non-WME Members £120+VAT per delegate
To find out more please click here